Friday, February 28, 2014

Cara
My name is Cara Joseph, I'm a typical 21 year old girl from Winnipeg, Manitoba.  I have brown hair, green eyes and a body I'm constantly trying to improve.   Since I was 18 I've been trying to improve myself to get the "perfect" body.  You name it I've tried it,  Slim Fast, Special K, Body by Vi, Shakeology, Green Coffee Extract, Raspberry Ketone,  "Secret cabbage soup", being a vegetarian, a vegan and anything else Dr. Oz has brainwashed me into believing will give me model results by the time I wake up in the morning.   I'm not a super big girl to begin with but its not point of being 100 pounds or 150 at the end of the day I'm insecure in my own skin.  I'm always bloated, my stomach is the problem area (I refer to it as my pouch), and my skin constantly breaks out, I am tired all the time and all in all I just felt like S#*t. Regardless of what I look to others how I feel about me is why I've put my self through hell on every diet.  And hell is exactly what it has been over and over again.  I've tried each fad for a week or two,  made myself sick and ended up quitting before the month was up and returning to my coke and ketchup chips. I feel weak after physically and because I can't find the will power to stick with it. I have a membership at a local gym but for the past while it's almost been a waste because with these diets I've almost always felt drained and to exhausted to go workout, and when I do finally get the courage to go,  I'm so intimated by not knowing a lot about how to work out I'm in and out of there so quick I question why I even came to start with.   I was beginning to feel like a quitter, a failure and more than ever I was unhappy.    
Until Joe Cross.

Inspiration 
Kat is one of my best friends who introduced our group of friends to Joe Cross and his documentary on juicing "Sick, Fat and Nearly Dead". Joe's story was extraordinary.  He drank nothing but fresh juice for 60 days. In that time he not only dropped a shocking number of weight, but gained more energy and even cured
his over active histamine condition.  Watching the progress this man made and hearing all the positive things my friends had said about the other research found on juicing made me want to try yet another health trend. The next day I had bought a juicer and began my millionth attempt at the perfect body. A certain quote from Joe Crosses documentary stuck out to me.  He said "when your a child you fall and scrape your knee your body heals it on its own, so why wouldn't' t the body heal itself from the inside out?"  This simple line made me feel slightly more optimistic about this attempt than ones of the past.

Plan
As my goals aren't as drastic as Joe's I decided I would tweak his diet plan to better accommodate myself. On February 21 2014 I began my "juicing journey" and it entails as follows:

  • I will replace two meals a day with fresh juice (ideally breakfast and lunch)
  • Almonds cashews and sunflower seeds will be on hand to snack through out the day
  • Other than the juice, lemon water, herbal teas and occasionally milk will be the only fluids I consume
  • Instead of eating anything and everything for dinner I will strive to have "better meals" that include a protein, vegetables, salad and rather than always reaching for a starchy potato I'll attempt for a healthy grain like couscous or quinoa 
  • Minimize on red meat intake
  • Pop and junk food will be cut out cold turkey
  • I will exercise 3-4 times a week 
  • I plan to keep this routine up for 30 days

This plan is more like guidelines rather than rules,  I find personally it is easier to follow suggestions rather than being ordered what to do and how to follow it.  At the end of the day I'm doing this for me so I get the say in how I will do things.  This is the first time I am "dieting" this way.  I'm not following a plan I am making the plan.  I'm finding a balance in life and in food that will make me feel good, look good and be better.  I believe life will be better balanced.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.